Finally, a new selector engine!
- Extra optimizations for frequently used selectors and latest browser features
- Works uniformly in
DOMdocuments, fragments or
- Utility methods for matching and filtering of elements
- Customizable pseudo-classes, attribute operators and combinators
- Just 3 kB! (minified and gzipped, 8 kB without gzip)
- No dependencies on third-party JS libraries, but developers can override internal methods (like
getAttribute) for seamless integration.
- Code follows the MooTools philosophy, respecting strict standards, throwing no warnings and using meaningful variable names
Querying the DOM with Sly:
But enough babbling: I know you just want speed and validity results. The following results were measured using a list of frequently used selectors, searching on a copy of yahoo.com, running in slickspeed.
If you want to know more, visit the repository at github, it holds the source, documentation and the test suite. The next post will give more technical details, what secrets can make this small script so blazing fast. Any feedback is welcome, keep the comments coming.
Please use the support forums for discussing the project, asking questions or posting bug-fixes!